ART LIBERTY
           Galleries & Community for creative and Independent authors

Guest| Group "Guests"| My profile | Registration Welcome Guest    

News | EventsGallery | Video | Music | Articles | Tutorials | Forum | Links | FAQ | Info | Job's       Members | Join | Submit

[ Main · New messages  · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
  • Page 1 of 1
Forum moderator: Admin  
Forum » Art Discussion » 3D Digital Art » Automating a Default Scene Startup
Automating a Default Scene Startup
Stellios Date: Tuesday, 20.10.2009, 17:27 | Message # 1

What im going for may be unreasonable, but id love to hear if there is a way to do some of the following:
Set objects material to Arch and Design Material ( everytime i make a new object
Set objects wireframe to black
Create Mr Area Omni automatically 10 units above the grid.
Default Renderer: Mental Ray
Best Hardware Shading Settings.
Id like all these things to automatically happen everytime i open a scene.

Guest Date: Tuesday, 20.10.2009, 17:27 | Message # 2

You know, you could through all the trouble of doing this OR just make a scene with this setup, save it, and when you start modifying save to a different name. When you're ready to start a new scene, open up the scene with the setup and "Save As" to a different name.

Guest Date: Tuesday, 20.10.2009, 17:28 | Message # 3

For all that stuff except the default material, you can create maxstart.max in your default scenes directory... every time you hit reset, it'll load maxstart.max For the default material I think you have to create script / callback.

Take this code, save it as "defaultmaterial.ms" and place it in the scripts/startup folder, now every time you create a new object it'll apply the arch and design with a random color (feel free to modify this) --I haven't tested it much, so if you have problems, you're on your own... but it should suffice.

fn assignnewmat =
(
thenode = callbacks.notificationParam()
themat = Arch___Design__mi()
themat.diff_color = color (random 0 255) (random 0 255)(random 0 255) --you can modify the default color / add lines for other defaults
themat.name = "ArchDesign" + "_" + thenode.name --can modify the name of the material
try(thenode.material = themat) catch() --try/catch in case of some wierd object that it might screw up on
)

callbacks.addscript #nodeCreated "assignnewmat()" id:#archmatcallback

SoLiT Date: Tuesday, 20.10.2009, 17:30 | Message # 4

Hey Dark Nemos, Just wanted to let you know I tried a few things to center the pivot on detach or on any new object created, but for some reason the centerpivot function isn't working... gotta figure that out. I'll try and play with it more later. I'm thinking an easy alternative to a callback would be to make a dif. script that you would use in place of the detach button... (button on your tool bar or something)

Forum » Art Discussion » 3D Digital Art » Automating a Default Scene Startup
  • Page 1 of 1
Search:

Hosted by uCoz