ART LIBERTY
           Galleries & Community for creative and Independent authors

Guest| Group "Guests"| My profile | Registration Welcome Guest    

News | EventsGallery | Video | Music | Articles | Tutorials | Forum | Links | FAQ | Info | Job's       Members | Join | Submit

[ Main · New messages  · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
  • Page 1 of 1
Forum moderator: Admin  
Forum » Art Discussion » General Discussion » Drawing Book Review - Plus a little positive comment for eve
Drawing Book Review - Plus a little positive comment for eve
Talent Date: Tuesday, 20.10.2009, 18:23 | Message # 1

Can any of you recommend Anatomy for the Artist ? I have a few drawing books and I don't feel the need to add anymore besides just one more. Some of the ones suggested I already own while others I've glanced though and knew they wouldn't be the one for me.

Finding the right drawing book for each person is like finding a needle in a haystack. You may have a few people who use the exact book while others that book won't do. Drawing is a old form of communication it's been around for centuries and it will be around for centuries more. Anyone can learn to draw, while some have it innate, others have to learn, and that goes for not just drawing just about anything in life.

Guest Date: Tuesday, 20.10.2009, 18:23 | Message # 2

Yeah, Human anatomy for artists is a beautifully illustrated book. Lots of really nice photography. I own a copy and do reference it from time to time. Wouldn't include it in my 'definitely must have list' though.

A much more useful book I found was 'Human anatomy for artists':
http://www.amazon.com/Human-Anatomy...53502633&sr=1-1

Goldfinger is very detailed and doesn't miss a thing. It's the first book I go to when I'm trying to remember a certain muscle form.

Having said that, a good, all round knowledge of anatomy comes from a range of sources - not just books.

Talent Date: Tuesday, 20.10.2009, 18:24 | Message # 3

Everyone has one that works best for them. I'm just asking about some suggestions and the recent suggestion from lemiere was a good choice. I understand you can go to the library and browse, I also have some of the books suggested but as we both hopefully can agree upon that a good anatomy book helps and the rest may just compliment it.

Forum » Art Discussion » General Discussion » Drawing Book Review - Plus a little positive comment for eve
  • Page 1 of 1
Search:

Hosted by uCoz