ART LIBERTY
           Galleries & Community for creative and Independent authors

Guest| Group "Guests"| My profile | Registration Welcome Guest    

News | EventsGallery | Video | Music | Articles | Tutorials | Forum | Links | FAQ | Info | Job's       Members | Join | Submit

[ Main · New messages  · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
  • Page 1 of 1
Forum moderator: Admin  
Forum » Art Discussion » 2D Digital Art » Laugh at how bad my color workflow is
Laugh at how bad my color workflow is
Hamburg Date: Tuesday, 20.10.2009, 19:21 | Message # 1

I have no idea what I'm doing so I'm posting in here for some help. Basically I've tried to undesrtand ICC workflows in Photoshop but fail miserably.

Here's an image showing each program in my workflow showing the difference in colours.
Now not one of these programs shows the exact same blue.

I understand programs like Maya does not support ICC profiles (or neither does my image viewer) but why are they all different shades of blue?

Not one of these programs shows this chart as the same colours.

I have default setup in Photoshop CS4 (European General Purpose 2).

Here's the original chart
http://www.drycreekphoto.com/images...bethCC-sRGB.jpg

Does anyone else know how to fix this or point me in the right direction? I'm fed up with all my renders changing in appearance.

Should I be using my Monitor ICC profile from the manufacturer or sRGB or Adobe 1998?

Guest Date: Tuesday, 20.10.2009, 19:22 | Message # 2

Make sure you have proof colors turned on (View --> proof colors). I would suggest using the "monitor" setting under proof settings (Proof Setup --> Monitor RGB).

Upon checking, it seems that your blue color from the save for web from Photoshop is the same color blue as was produced from Maya, which is a good thing since you are going for consistency. Once you get your proof colors turned on, the web browser color will match up as well.

Guest Date: Tuesday, 20.10.2009, 19:22 | Message # 3

ignore your monitor profile. it does not affect the color of an image (otherwise you would rewrite every single pic on your pc when you change your monitors profile, right? ). its an overall profile. its "how you see" not "how it is".

lets say you have a random RGB color with an untagged RGB profile.
convert it in to your desired ICC profile. then ensure yourself that all other programs can work with that ICC profile. and of course dont convert it again. check all your program settings

last but not least you should use the same profile your client/most people use.
most professionals in europe use ICC v2 for web.
http://www.color.org/srgbprofiles.xalter

hope i could help.

Guest Date: Tuesday, 20.10.2009, 19:23 | Message # 4

I am not a color expert, but my understanding of how this works was, if you do a save-for-web from photoshop, the image is by default converted to sRBG. By enabling the "monitor" proof preview in Photoshop, I can see what the exported sRGB file will look like while still in photoshop, hence allowing me to make my color decisions while I am designing. If you used the sRGB file in other programs, they should all look the same as when you were in Photoshop. Is my logic wrong here VanillaGorilla?

Vanilla Date: Tuesday, 20.10.2009, 19:24 | Message # 5

"save for web" kills profiles afaik.

"monitor proof" or lets say softproof simulates a different colorspace. but why should you simulate it? work with it. use it on your picture. use it on your monitor. use it as softproof to be sure nothing happens. always use the one you will publish.

(linear workflow )

imo softproof is something you only need for printing. for example to simulate a certain paper (you print on dark paper, this makes your colors more dark).

to be honest, colormanagement for web is a bit of a nonesense. because most ppl use their own dubious monitorprofiles.

thats my opinion

Forum » Art Discussion » 2D Digital Art » Laugh at how bad my color workflow is
  • Page 1 of 1
Search:

Hosted by uCoz