ART LIBERTY
           Galleries & Community for creative and Independent authors

Guest| Group "Guests"| My profile | Registration Welcome Guest    

News | EventsGallery | Video | Music | Articles | Tutorials | Forum | Links | FAQ | Info | Job's       Members | Join | Submit

[ Main · New messages  · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
  • Page 1 of 1
Forum moderator: Admin  
Forum » Art Discussion » 2D Digital Art » PS7 to CS4 move shortcut switch ?
PS7 to CS4 move shortcut switch ?
cybernaut Date: Tuesday, 20.10.2009, 19:16 | Message # 1

I have used PS7 for quite a while and am currently switching to CS4.

There is a VERY!!! useful shortcut that I use (on a PC) to move individual layers such as: bushes, flowers, rocks, tree etc, in PS7 without having to: right-click over them, scroll down the list, then select and then move. In PS7, with the move tool selected, I just have to hold down the ctrl key and left-click and hold on whatever it is I want to move, and move it. PS guesses as to what layer I want to move by the pixel that is directly below the tip of the move tools arrow cursor. So far I don't see the CS4 version of this. I really hope there is one as this is an invaluable shortcut to me.

I have looked thought the shortcuts thread and didn't find it.

Guest Date: Tuesday, 20.10.2009, 19:17 | Message # 2

If I'm reading your description right, I was doing just that last night. JFW.

At a guess you have "auto-select layer" turned off. Select the move tool. Check the controls panel (the knobs and levers at the top of the app, near the menu) for that setting. Setting it there should make it work during hotkey use.

cybernaut Date: Tuesday, 20.10.2009, 19:18 | Message # 3

Ya that was about it. Althought, it wasn't the AUTO SELCT it was the fact i still had it on the GROUP setting instead of LAYER one. Glad it was a simple fix.

huge relief for me.

Forum » Art Discussion » 2D Digital Art » PS7 to CS4 move shortcut switch ?
  • Page 1 of 1
Search:

Hosted by uCoz