ART LIBERTY
           Galleries & Community for creative and Independent authors

Guest| Group "Guests"| My profile | Registration Welcome Guest    

News | EventsGallery | Video | Music | Articles | Tutorials | Forum | Links | FAQ | Info | Job's       Members | Join | Submit

[ Main · New messages  · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
  • Page 1 of 1
Forum moderator: Admin  
Forum » Art Discussion » 3D Digital Art » Preserving Transform Coordinates For .bip Files
Preserving Transform Coordinates For .bip Files
pfistar Date: Tuesday, 20.10.2009, 17:19 | Message # 1

hi everyone

as much as I am generally stoked about the functions of BIPED and the .bip file format, here's one thing that's making the inside of my head itch a bit:

whenever I import a .bip animation of my own creation into a pre-existing biped skeleton, the "Position" coordinates of the biped's COM seem to import arbitrarily-
in other words,
when I Load the .bip animation into a BiPED figure, the whole figure ends up a few hundred meters away from where I intend it to be; the position coordinates of the BIPED I exported the .bip from (in a previous file) are NOT preserved (although all animation is intact relative to the COM).

I even went as far as making sure there were position & rotation keys at frame 0 in the older file, before 'saving' the .bip file, but for whatever reason the COM position won't translate properly.

Anyone with BIPED expertise have an answer for this?

fferro Date: Tuesday, 20.10.2009, 17:19 | Message # 2

Is your biped COM linked to any object? (Before saving your .bip file or when imoporting)

Forum » Art Discussion » 3D Digital Art » Preserving Transform Coordinates For .bip Files
  • Page 1 of 1
Search:

Hosted by uCoz