ART LIBERTY
           Galleries & Community for creative and Independent authors

Guest| Group "Guests"| My profile | Registration Welcome Guest    

News | EventsGallery | Video | Music | Articles | Tutorials | Forum | Links | FAQ | Info | Job's       Members | Join | Submit

[ Main · New messages  · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
  • Page 1 of 1
Forum » Art Discussion » Game development » WPF/Theory behind a 3D "bowl" effect
WPF/Theory behind a 3D "bowl" effect
Charm Date: Tuesday, 20.10.2009, 20:28 | Message # 1

Hi Everyone,

How would one go about either using the 3D components of WPF or using a pseudo 3D effect to create a "Bowl" effect, where the user is looking down on a bowl and can drag around rectangles and have the rectangles perspective change so that it looks like they move up, down and around the bowl? I'm not after any gravity effects or anything, just when the items move, I need their perspective to be adjusted...

If you are not well versed in WPF that's fine, maybe someone could point me in the right direction on more of the theory and such.

Nakano Date: Tuesday, 20.10.2009, 20:28 | Message # 2

In that case i think a pseudo-2D effect can work well. However you´ll need to be able to define your rectangles as 4 separate points (in fact a polygon, not a rectangle). If you´re blitting to screen or something like that things get a little bit nasty.

Let´s suppose you have 4 points. So all you have to do is to make the 4 point´s distance to the center of the rectangle depend on their distance to the center of the screen. (I think, i write this without trying it anywhere)

Just fiddling around with math you should be able to achieve the effect youré after. If you have problems i can write some pseudocode for you. cheers!

MymnmomiFlomo Date: Saturday, 26.12.2009, 17:04 | Message # 3

Happy New year! smile

TyncCePeZerry Date: Sunday, 31.01.2010, 01:35 | Message # 4

Louisville Kentucky is a close on developing cosmopolitan bishopric in the United States of America. The city was established in 1778 by George Rodgers Clark. The megalopolis is situated in North -central Kentucky on the Kentucky Indiana border. The town stands in surrounded by the safest cities in the In harmony States with a whole population of 1,268,323 as at 2008. This is the 42nd most populated new zealand urban area in the Agreed States of America.

Louisville Kentucky bishopric is controlled by way of both the Metro mayor and a legislative essence called Metro Council. The Metro Council comprises of 26 seats which reach the top from the 26 Districts constituting the Louisville Kentucky metropolitan area. The council is directed nigh the council president with 13 seats being reelected after each two years of political office.

Louisville Kentucky is the obligation to be devoted to in if you are looking as a remedy for an best investment arena in the Synergistic States of America. The saving of this city is radically improved with shipping and carload industries being the best developed. Louisville Kentucky is centrally situated in the US and features major road networks and highways linking prominent cities across the US. It is also assisted close to a favourably developed railway system that is ideal after freight and commuter traffic. Improve stillness, Louisville is dwelling-place to the Louisville International Airport which is a international manner nucleus with in vogue trainload handling capabilities.

Louisville Kentucky is the hottest goal of churches assuring your weekends momentous and gorged of fun. The diocese is served next to a vibrant media with identifiable worldwide networks and newspaper coverage. Parks and outdoor attractions are within the big apple environs making it harmonious of must-go-before-I-die cities. Don’t stand by, scrutinize nourish and go to Louisville Kentucky before opening thaws.

Forum » Art Discussion » Game development » WPF/Theory behind a 3D "bowl" effect
  • Page 1 of 1
Search:

Hosted by uCoz