ART LIBERTY
           Galleries & Community for creative and Independent authors

Guest| Group "Guests"| My profile | Registration Welcome Guest    

News | EventsGallery | Video | Music | Articles | Tutorials | Forum | Links | FAQ | Info | Job's       Members | Join | Submit

[ Main · New messages  · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
  • Page 1 of 1
Forum moderator: Admin  
Forum » Art Discussion » General Discussion » Pleasure or pain.
Pleasure or pain.
Guest Date: Saturday, 08.08.2009, 17:16 | Message # 1
Lord Of The Posts
I would like to start a new thread relating to something that I feel deeply.

Pablo Picasso and Henri Matisse were probably the closest of friends and at the same time the worst of rivals. They had very distinct philosophical approaches to their art creation. Matisse wanted his paintings to be hung for the sake of giving the owner visual pleasure, nothing more. Picasso on the other hand once said something along the lines of, 'I'm proud to say that my art is not intended for the mere decoration of a wall... no, my art is intended to wage offensive and defensive war against the enemy!'

When you create is your sole intention to give whoever looks at your piece visual pleasure OR is your intention more like Picasso's, do you intend to change something in your audience, are you more political?
I don't think there is a right or wrong answer, art history does reveal that both Picasso and Henri Matisse influenced each other later on in their lives. But they are both still two very distinct kind of painters who I think represent two very different kinds of painters everywhere. Who can you relate to, Henri Matisse or Pablo Picasso?

Forum » Art Discussion » General Discussion » Pleasure or pain.
  • Page 1 of 1
Search:

Hosted by uCoz