ART LIBERTY
           Galleries & Community for creative and Independent authors

Guest| Group "Guests"| My profile | Registration Welcome Guest    

News | EventsGallery | Video | Music | Articles | Tutorials | Forum | Links | FAQ | Info | Job's       Members | Join | Submit

[ Main · New messages  · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
  • Page 1 of 1
Forum moderator: Admin  
Forum » Art Discussion » Sculpture » Rapid prototype for lost wax method of bronze casting
Rapid prototype for lost wax method of bronze casting
icreate Date: Tuesday, 20.10.2009, 20:19 | Message # 1

With my research on new technologies I have found quite a bit of information that I am compiling for videos, articles and a book. My question is does anyone know of a company that is doing rapid prototyping of items for the lost wax method of bronze casting. It seems like this is the next step in technology and someone must be doing it. Please send me an e mail if possible at bridgette@creativesculpture.com You might also want to post here as I know others love reading posts, just like I do.

Please give contact information for the company as well as website etc if available. Thanks in advance. You guys are the greatest.

Guest Date: Tuesday, 20.10.2009, 20:20 | Message # 2

I'm not sure about RP for art bronze castings; there are people doing this for industry, but art lags behind a little. There are lots of companies doing this for jewelers, though, on a smaller scale, using wax-like materials that burn out readily to cast gold, silver, and platinum. Here's one in LA: http://rpwax.com/

There are companies that use CNC milling (subtractive rapid prototyping) to make originals for art casting; Kreysler and Assoc. is one. (www.kreysler.com). They typically carve a large piece in urethane foam and surface it with oilclay, allowing the sculptor to determine the final texture. This is then molded, wax is cast into the mold, and the lost-wax process proceeds normally from there.

icreate Date: Tuesday, 20.10.2009, 20:20 | Message # 3

I understand that this is done with CAD and manufacturing of tooling. I suppose what I am looking for is a company that is venturing out and doing it with art on a larger scale art. I would be open to any company at this point as they many know of others in their industry. I also know that the technology and hardware often has to "catch up" to the needs of the artists as is the case with rapid prototyping in bronze and gold done by the one company that I found. I'll post their name when I get back. Thanks and keep the suggestions coming.

Forum » Art Discussion » Sculpture » Rapid prototype for lost wax method of bronze casting
  • Page 1 of 1
Search:

Hosted by uCoz