ART LIBERTY
           Galleries & Community for creative and Independent authors

Guest| Group "Guests"| My profile | Registration Welcome Guest    

News | EventsGallery | Video | Music | Articles | Tutorials | Forum | Links | FAQ | Info | Job's       Members | Join | Submit

[ Main · New messages  · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
  • Page 1 of 1
Forum moderator: Admin  
Forum » Art Discussion » 3D Digital Art » help rigging with dynamic curves for interactive collisions
help rigging with dynamic curves for interactive collisions
pmerre Date: Tuesday, 20.10.2009, 18:42 | Message # 1

I remember seeing somewhere how a simple skirt was rigged in Maya using curves that were converted to a dynamic hair system, which in turn deformed the geometry. I have gotten that far, but I also remember the guy who showed it to me was able to drag a ball around the screen and the skirt collided with it realistically in real time, without having to hit play in the timeline. I can't figure out how to reproduce this.

My intentions are to use this method to rig a similar skirt for a female character, where it will collide with the character's legs in realtime, while the character is being animated.

Is this even possible, or should I just hide the skirt geometry until I finish animating the character, and then worry about the skirt moving later?

Does anyone know how to do this? Any help would be appreciated.

pmerre Date: Tuesday, 20.10.2009, 18:43 | Message # 2

I appreciate the response Shinyprem. I don't think I explained my problem quite right. I was able to get the curves to collide ( I am using collision sphere constraints). What I can't figure out is how to get them to solve (I think thats the right term) without actually hitting play in the time line. What I remember seeing was the sphere being dragged around on screen, with the time line staying on frame 1, and the curves interacting with the sphere when the ball was dragged across them. I said "realtime" but I guess what I really meant was independent of the time line. Right now, the curves I created only solve when I hit play. Otherwise they stay in the original position I created them at, even if I move the sphere back and forth across them.

Forum » Art Discussion » 3D Digital Art » help rigging with dynamic curves for interactive collisions
  • Page 1 of 1
Search:

Hosted by uCoz