ART LIBERTY
           Galleries & Community for creative and Independent authors

Guest| Group "Guests"| My profile | Registration Welcome Guest    

News | EventsGallery | Video | Music | Articles | Tutorials | Forum | Links | FAQ | Info | Job's       Members | Join | Submit

[ Main · New messages  · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
  • Page 1 of 1
Forum moderator: Admin  
Forum » Art Discussion » 3D Digital Art » Rendernode losing connection to workstation/fileserver:Event
Rendernode losing connection to workstation/fileserver:Event
Forman Date: Tuesday, 20.10.2009, 16:55 | Message # 1

This problem is driving me mad. I use Vista Home Premium 64 on my main workstation. I have a collection(6 machines) of xp64 and vista 64HP rendernodes. I am finding that some of the nodes stop getting access to my workstation HD and as a result can no longer contribute to any network rendering.

I know this is somehow related to the 10 node connection limit of windows, but I don’t see how this problem arises fairly randomly and with only six rendernodes. I am running backburner server and Vray DR spawner both as services with specified usernames (same username for all nodes).

In my event viewer I am getting system errors Event ID 2017 “The server was unable to allocate from the system nonpaged pool because the server reached the configured limit for nonpaged pool allocations.” and Event ID 2021 “The server was unable to allocate a work item 2 times in the last 60 seconds.”

I have also tried the various fixes online that reputedly increase the TCP/IP limit of a vista machine, but none seem to have worked.
Does anyone know of a fix?

Also, once the node gets denied access by my workstation, I have to reboot the workstation to re-instate a working connection. Is there a service that I could restart on my workstation to fix the problem to avoid me having to reboot?

Guest Date: Tuesday, 20.10.2009, 16:55 | Message # 2

Do you have a firewall installed? Do you have any port managing software installed?
Have you tried Vista ultimatte instead ?

Since to my knowledge the net traffic and remote access handling is more advanced in ultimatte. But ask the system gurus .. i can't give a deeper and more qualified answer.

Guest Date: Tuesday, 20.10.2009, 16:56 | Message # 3

I would try ultimate, but that would cost me another stack of cash!

I don't think the problem is related to remote desktop. There is a known issue with Vista losing network connections to connected non-vista machines. Something to do witn SMB1 and SMB2.

I'm just hoping that there is a working solution out there somewhere.

If I could, I'd return my copy of Vista and swap it for xp64... but that's a non-starter!

Forman Date: Tuesday, 20.10.2009, 16:57 | Message # 4

The latest Service Packs for vista appeared to fix the problem for a while, but it's back again.

What I do is have a temporary folder on another node that I use for filesharing the maps for my 3d projects.

What version of Vista do you have? If it's not OEM but full retail, you should try your luck with micrsoft support. As I'm using OEM versions I get NO support.
As I said before this is a known issue, but I guess unless enough of us complain about it nothihng will be done.

I wonder if the same problem occurs in windows 7?

Forum » Art Discussion » 3D Digital Art » Rendernode losing connection to workstation/fileserver:Event
  • Page 1 of 1
Search:

Hosted by uCoz