ART LIBERTY
           Galleries & Community for creative and Independent authors

Guest| Group "Guests"| My profile | Registration Welcome Guest    

News | EventsGallery | Video | Music | Articles | Tutorials | Forum | Links | FAQ | Info | Job's       Members | Join | Submit

[ Main · New messages  · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
  • Page 1 of 1
Forum moderator: Admin  
Forum » Art Discussion » 3D Digital Art » i think i modeled it wrong O_O...help?
i think i modeled it wrong O_O...help?
Snake Eyess Date: Tuesday, 20.10.2009, 16:51 | Message # 1

ok, I been busy with these bunny characters for a while and i thinki went about it all wrong because i keep running into brick walls.

I have modeled the character, then added a skin, then a turbosmooth, then (here's the screw up that needs fixing) added a poly select then a material ID (for the inside of the ears), and another poly select and another material ID (for the nose)

Problem is that i want to turn off the turbosmooth, or set it to rendertime only, but then that makes the poly selects invalid and the materials.

what do i need to do to fix this? unwrap the model? but which doI unwrap...the turbosmoothed one or the non-turbosmoothed one??

its a SIMPLE cartoon like character so it doesnt really NEED to be unwrapped, one base shader for body and one for the ears and one for the nose.

Glacierise Date: Tuesday, 20.10.2009, 16:54 | Message # 2

Well simply put the poly select below the turbosmooth. If the topology is inappropriate, you'd need to adjust it, and I think you can adjust the skin without too much trouble.

Forum » Art Discussion » 3D Digital Art » i think i modeled it wrong O_O...help?
  • Page 1 of 1
Search:

Hosted by uCoz